Saturday, September 27, 2008

I have no pictures right now, just some good info. for any mom's or house cleaners!
See, once Molly became mobile & learned that drawers and cupboards opened, I wanted to make them baby safe. So my dear Co-worker Anne gave me these great recipes for cleaning supplies that work, and contain no bleach or any other weird chemicals - & I have to say they work great, things still smell clean (I used to bleach everything!), are cheaper in the long run, and it seems that the house stays cleaner longer!
Anyways, I thought I would share with the rest of you!

To Clean Mirrors: Use vinegar (undiluted)
To Clean Toilets: Use vinegar (undiluted)
To Clean the ring on the tub or spots on porcelin sinks: Use baking soda on a sponge
To Clean your floors: 1/2 cup of vinegar to 1/2 gallon of water
To Clean whatever: 1/4 cup of baking soda, 1 cup white vinegar, 1 gallon of warm water *mix in large bowl (foams at first) & put into spray bottle
Disinfectant: 2 cups of water, 3 tablespoons liquid soap, 20-30 drops of Tea Tree Oil *mix & put into spray bottle - you can use it on cutting boards and safe for kids!
Borax - deodorizes & boosts cleaning power of soap, prevents mold *great alternate to bleach


I thought that this was great, and I have truly saved money from this!!!!!!
I hope that others find this helpful, or who knows, maybe I was the last to find these tools out!

No comments: