Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Blues

I don't have a lot to say and I don't have any pictures ready to post - although they will be coming around by the end of the week sometime. I just wanted to post some Scripture that I just read.
It was a bit of a rough weekend for me - I don't really know why. I have no reason to really be all that stressed right now, but lots of little things were getting to me, esp. by mid-afternoon yesterday (Sunday). Well, last night while praying with Molly, I just lifted all my insecurities up about being a wife and a mom and just me in general, and I gave up and allowed the Lord to just have me. So often do I forget who my Father is and how much He loves me.
Anyway, for those who know me, I'm not that great with putting my thoughts into words (they get all jumbled somewhere along the lines...). But I did want to share this from Psalms 100.

1* Make a shout to the LORD, all you lands!
2* Serve the LORD with gladness; I come before His presence with singing
3* Know that the LORD, He is God; it is He who has made us, and not ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture
4* Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him and bless His name.
5* For theLORD is good; His mercy is everlasting and His truth endures to all generations.

So, thank you Lord that you are in control of my life!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Erin,
so beautifully said. Each and every day especially as women we need to hand over our insecurities to the Lord. It is so important to do that, so we remember that we are not in control of our situations that arise, but that the Lord has each and every circumstance in HIS hands and He takes care of us.
Much love to ya girl...
sending you a big hug,
christy