Saturday, June 27, 2009

A LONG TIME

So it has been a couple of weeks since I have posted. I guess I have been kinda busy- I don't really know with what, but I have been busy. What I should be doing now while Molly takes a nap, is my project for the Stroke Consortium that is a month overdue, but I just cannot motivate myself to have it done - which is a problem! So even though it may sound silly, if you remember, can you pray for motivation for me to get this thing done by the 9th of July???
Anyways here a some random shots of the past couple of weeks... Enjoy!
I just had to show these because I have realized that I kinda may have a green thumb. This is our garden in the front of the house. Last year Joe did it, but with him being in school and me not a very patient person, I tried to do most of it myself. The mulching isn't the best job (I was told it was clumpy), but I am proud of myself!
My Uncle Smitty had this rock made for Joe and I for our wedding gift. It's one of my most favorite things I have!


This was a HOT day, but the pool was still being opened and it was ICE cold. So Molly got to play in the sprinkler in her "kini." She actually had a lot of fun - of course the next week when we went outside to play in the sprinkler, she wanted nothing to do with it, except to turn the water on and off. Silly girl...



This is a picture of a baby bird that Pop saved from the dogs. Molly and I were looking at the plumb and apple trees in the feild, and we were trying to find the plums, when we saw this little baby bird on a bottom branch. He was so cute! Except that he jumped off the branch and started to hop around because he didn't know how to fly yet. Lola and Sophia saw him and Lola almost had him in her mouth, but Pop saved the day while all us girls screamed! Pop let Molly touched the bird on the head before he put it back in a tree with a nest in it. Now all Molly talks about is the bird that Lola ate and then Pop put it in the nest for his Mommy. Ha ha - she literally tells everyone she sees this story.... :)
So NaNa and I went yard sale hunting and this is what we found. It's a Little Tykes slide - we got it for $20 and it's a perfect size for her. Now Pop and Joe have put together her big swing set with the slide, but this will help boost her confidence for the big slide.

We also found this easel that we got for $3! What a steal! It was in perfect condition. One side you can post the paper and the other side is a chalk board. You can fold it up too so it's not always in the way. This is perfect for Molly because she is my little artist!

1 comment:

Christy said...

... very cute... I love the eisle... if the spelling is correct! ha! anyway, heard you may be seeing sarah... I am sure you guys will have a blast! girl determination and motivation are hard to come by... I am determined to get our cabinets done (which we started now 4 weeks ago) but I am not even close to motivated... I am done with it... over it... and ready for the finished product! I will be praying for you... with the Lord we can do ALL THINGS!