Saturday, March 28, 2009

Minnesota

Last weekend Joe, Molly and I headed out for Minnesota for Joe's grandmother's funeral. Although it was sad circumstances that we had to go, it was great to see all of the Melder's as well as some of the Winkels'. We also all knew that Grandma Melder was with the Lord now, and that she was shouting praises in her new heavenly body - and that alone was something to rejoice about.


I didn't really have the oppurtunity to get a lot of pictures because we were on the go all weekend, but I was able to steal this picture of the 2 cutie pies while they were watching "Dinding Nemo". Molly loves Nemo, and we actually were in Joe's cousin's room that was an underwater theme, so there were Nemos and other fishes all over the walls, which was perfect for Birdie. Thank you again Jacob! This was at the church for the funeral. It was a little Baptist church with the prettiest stained glass windows. It was the church the Chic and her brothers and sister grew up in a town called Brownsdale. It was a little town with lots of farmland - duh - we were in Minnesota. Molly would look at all the farms and say "dirt? shovel?"


John-David with PopPop singing in the myke. He was singing "Read your Bible, pray every day...." What a cutie! He asked Maggie is she was sad that Grandma was in heaven with Jesus now. Molly on the other hand, was chanting Nemo at the grave site and asking me if she could shovel the dirt....

I was a little nervous how she would be at the wake the night before, because it was open casket and we had to bring her. She looked at Grandma Melder and said, "Grandma?" then "She's sleepin shhhh.."
Molly playing the piano.

1 comment:

Christy said...

sorry to hear his g-ma passed. Molly is too cute! Thanks for stoppin in at tennysontalk. If you were close I would definately help you with the hair! Little ones are hard to do... you just need patience. I remember doing kids hair before I had any... and I hated it... I still don't love it cause they are all over the place, but I am able to tolerate it much more now.