Monday, October 6, 2008

The Bottle Woes

So Molly is currently down to one bottle a day, which is given to her before she goes to bed. Then after her bottle we brush our teeth, say prayers, put on our music and go to bed. Well, she is now almost 15 months old, and Mommy is ready to say "bye-bye" to the bottle. I thought this would not be hard, because she did really well with giving up the bottle during the day. She drinks great from pretty much any cup that you give her. So I was ready - tonight was going to be the big night - I even told Molly throughout the day, "Big girls drink from big girl cups at night."
Well, it did not go as smoothly as I had predicted. We were at the regular routine. Molly had taken her shower, we had finished playing. I went to warm her milk (yes, we must drink warm milk before we go to bed) and put it in her big girl cup. I attempted to offer this to my little girl, and she put on a show like I've never seen before! The tears, the kicking, the screaming, the hyperventilating....oh poor little girl! She was so upset that she only wanted Daddy.
So RELUCTANTLY, I went for the only bottle we had.... (this is after 15 minutes of gut wrenching tears). But what I have to say next is the best part, yall. This is what makes my heart melt as only a child could do their mom - this is what makes Molly who she is, my little sweet pea. We are now in our rocking chair in her room, and she has finished her beloved bottle. She takes the bottle and hugs it to her face and kisses it, "muah" and turns to me and falls asleep in my arms ... (awww) - as if saying to her bottle, "don't ever leave me again like that"
Then now I start to think. She loves that bottle. She went crazy at the idea that someone would take that bottle away from her. Her comfort. Her rock. Her stability. Her routine. The bottle is what she knows. I would hope that my life would reflect that with the Lord (I know that this is a stretch for those reading it. I'm terrible with analogies, but try to follow me...) I pray that I would fight for MY comfort, rock, stability... that I would do anything to keep the Lord near me, and find comfort in Him the way that my daughter did with her bottle, and that I wouldn't allow anything to stop me from that.
Now, that doesn't mean that she gets to keep the bottle forever folks.... because Molly gets her strong will and stubborness from 2 very stubborn people, Mommy and Daddy. And like I said earlier, Mommy is ready for the bottle to go "bye-bye"
Good night yall and enjoy the pictures below!!



This was before the bottle drama..... she can push her baby in her stroller all day long. Here she is getting brave and will take a couple of steps on her own to the ottoman.

Again, with the bunny chair ...

1 comment:

sarah said...

Adorable pictures. I know, blogging becomes addictive. I've gotten both of my sisters SO into it. But its such a blessing to be able to see pictures of what is going on since we dont get to see each other often. I hope you family gets into it as well. As to the bottle thing - I think I will have the same problem with Abby. Will went right to a cup, but some little ones are SO attached to those bottles.... and its just a bottle, so its hard to let them cry over it !!!! Hope things are going well! Love you! MUAH!